GPG Configuration on Windows for Secure Mail
Prev | step 4 of 5 | Next
Generate a revocation certificate
- You do not strictly need a revocation certificate, but now
is the most convenient time to create it.
- If for some reason your computer is lost or stolen you
will be able revoke your key.
- In the command window create a revocation certificate:
- Type gpg --gen-revoke --output 1C9771DB.revoke.asc 1C9771DB
(with your hexidecimal Key ID , of course)
- Choose reason 1, Key has been compromised (if you maintain
control of your key you can always issue a revocation certificate
with another reason)
- Make a note to save and print this certificate
- Proceed to the Next step